Learn Excel VBA from scratch with Dan Strong! I've trained over 120K students on YouTube and U-demy, check it out!
What you'll learn
- Automate and Customize data entry forms
Choose the right Loop for each task
Master the CELLS and RANGE objects in multiple scenarios
- Create multiple Variable styles to match your need
- Customize your VBA Editor and Understand all the Toolbars and options
- Debug and Troubleshoot code like a boss!
- Record, Modify or Write Macros from scratch
- Make Custom Formulas/Functions on the fly
- Breeze through IF THEN statements and conquer all the Logical Operators
- Batch out inter-active MessageBoxes, InputBoxes and give users CHOICES!
- Generate Basic Reports that can be printed
- Add filters to report menus to narrow the records
- Take control of forms, Buttons, Drop-down menus, Checkboxes and option buttons AND so much more. . .
- Trigger code from a number of different methods - from Clicking on a cell - to De-Selecting a worksheet.
- Set up Special Commands when a workbook: Opens or closes, is selected, any cell or certain cells are selected, right before printing, etc. . .
- Manipulate Userforms for data entry, report generation, editing tables/databases - ALL within your control. Restrict the flow of data OR make the Userform(s) responsive, calculating, INTUITIVE.
- Streamline your work and the work of others.
- Put Excel ON AUTOPILOT. . .
Expand all 211 lectures12:31:32
–The Range Object
Intro and Course Workbooks download
Get the Developer Tab and Intro to Developer Tab
Getting started with Range object
Quick Tip - Project Explorer and Properties Window!
Creating Your First Macro From Scratch
Adding a Secondary Command. . .
Debugging in Excel VBA
Saving a Macro-Enabled Workbook (.xlsm)
Before You Begin The Exercises...
Exercise 01 - Question
Exercise 01 - Answer
Several Ways to trigger your Macro
Affecting Multiple Cells with One Range Command - 2 Methods
Adding Strings of Text to a Cell
Using a Named Range with the Range Object
Range Object Quiz
+The Cells Object
+Toolbars and Menus
+Super Important Tools and Excel Logic
+Loops and Report Writing Basics
+EVENTS: Worksheet Events made Easy
+Activex Controls on Worksheets
+Userforms - the best thing. EVER.
+BONUS Section - VBA Functions
- You should already have Microsoft Excel (version 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016). Obviously the newer the better, but VBA works the same in all versions. It's just that newer versions have more options, thus more VBA Commands to control those options.
- Very very basic Excel skills needed for this course (like opening the program, how to click on cells and type things.) You really don't need any Excel experience, because I'll take you from Start to Finish in this course. I was just trying to be funny.
Teach Excel to Do Your Work FOR YOU. . .
Microsoft Office is everywhere, installed on over 750 million computers, but most users only know how to set up a basic table or maybe even do a few formulas here and there.
In my course, I teach you how to take Excel by the horns and make it do whatever you want, whenever you want. It can go through loads of information and create a printable report for you. You can make custom forms so that you can access, analyze, edit, or add new information quickly to your data tables/ worksheets.
Excel programming utilizes a simple but effective tool called "VBA" - the hidden programming language that runs quietly in the background while you work. It’s very easy and straight-forward to use.
I'll show you the easiest tricks to learn this basic language in a fun, progressive method. Learn at your own pace. With each of my short, info-packed lectures, you'll learn another essential skill that you can immediately use. You'll find yourself handling these Automation tools instantly and in any spreadsheet you already use every day. If there's one thing I'm good at - and my students are good at - it's AUTOMATION.
My motto is, "If I'm not making everybody's job easier, quicker and more enjoyable, I don't deserve to have this job" - and that's what I live by.
Take this course and access your true potential.
Oh, and I want to be the first to hear about your New Raise you get once you're making Excel Programs and running everything on autopilot for your co-workers!